So you've decided to sell your house. You've hired a real estate professional to help you with the entire process, and they have asked you what level of access you want to provide to potential.
SELLERS | The Role Access Plays in Getting Your House SOLD
Dated: February 25 2022
So you've decided to sell your house. You've hired a real estate professional to help you with the entire process, and they have asked you what level of access you want to provide to potential buyers.
There are four elements to a quality listing. Access is at the top of the list, followed by the condition, financing, and price. You can provide several levels of access to agents who want to show your home.
Here are five levels of access that you could give a buyer with a brief description:
- A Lockbox On the Door allows buyers to tour your home as soon as it's listed or at their convenience.
- Providing the key to the Home – although the buyer's agent may need to stop by an office to pick up the key, there is a slight delay in showing the Home.
- Open Access with a Phone Call – the seller allows showings with just a phone call's notice.
- By Appointment Only (example: 48 Hour Notice) – Many out-of-town/state buyers and relocation buyers visit an area they would like to move to and only have the weekend to view homes. They may not be able to plan that far in advance or may be unable to wait 48 hours to be shown the house.
- Limited Access (example: the home is only available on Mondays or Tuesdays at 2 pm or for only a couple of hours a day) - This is the most challenging way to show your house to potential buyers.
In a competitive marketplace, access can make or break your ability to get the price you are looking for or even sell your house at all.
As a native of Washington DC, Wendy brings extensive knowledge of the area. She consistently shows the aptness to satisfy clients who buy a house or sell a home in the cities of Washington DC, Bowie, ....
Latest Blog Posts
You usually want to sell anything for the most significant profit possible when selling it. That happens when there's a strong demand and a limited supply for that item. In the real estate market,
Please don't put it off! Now is an excellent time to list your home. Plenty of buyers are waiting for your house to hit the market.Recent data indicates that home showings are rising. This can